Franco Likes To Watch

December 9, 2010

Franco Watch is all about helping you watch Franco.  Turns out, Franco likes to do some looking himself.

Popscribblings hooked me up with some goods yesterday that I will pass along, and today I learned about Franco’s turn-ons, which I will also share with you.  You’re welcome in advance.

+ Franco is returning to General Hospital where he will reprise his role as Franco!  He’s squeezing in a couple days of filming while in town to host the Oscars.  I appreciate a strong work ethic.

+ Best Week Ever has this video of Franco kissing himself.  Well, it’s more than kissing really, there’s full on flirtation leading to seduction.  There’s a lean involved, for those of you whose sexual awakening arose in the era of Jordan Catalano.

+ Last week we mentioned Franco’s appearance on Inside the Actor’s Studio.  A clip has been released, and Popeater tells us about how Franco followed a gigolo around “for a role” and ended up watching him have sex.  Franco says it was “like a movie”.   He didn’t say which movie, unfortunately.  I wonder how many times the two guys have told the story of screwing in front of James Franco and how often it has helped them bed someone new.   Franco also finds rabbits a little sexy.  I was hoping he’d say bears, but we can work with it.

1. December 9, 2010 7:43 pm

My vote is for “Less than Zero”. Frothy crack spittle FTW. Oh bless you for this Franco Watch. He’s like my favorite now. He’s so hard working. I wonder how many blogs he manages.

2. December 9, 2010 7:55 pm

he’s my new imaginary friend.

3. thepants permalink
    December 9, 2010 11:45 pm

Sometimes I find The Franco so dreamy I want to cry and sometimes I look at him and want to punch him in the face. Ours is a complex relationship.

4. December 9, 2010 11:50 pm

I echo this sentiment. It’s hard to find the right balance between loving the Franco and loving the idea of punching him in the face with a cream pie.

5. Lani permalink
    December 10, 2010 12:49 am

FrancoWatch is my new favorite thing on the internet. The picture at the top of this article made my day.

6. December 10, 2010 1:16 am

@thepants: I understand the complexity – he is a complex man.

@lani: I’m so lucky that Franco makes it easy to read and write it. May his artistic shenanigans never end!

7. December 10, 2010 1:50 am

I don’t think you can affect this kind of weirdness. This is some pure, 100% homegrown weirdosity.

8. hsofia permalink
    December 10, 2010 3:03 am

This might be the first time I sit down to watch The Academy Awards in a very long time. I should look for some drinking games. Tom Cruise is so jealous right now.

9. December 10, 2010 9:44 am

@hsofia: I have to say, I’m a little intrigued about how Anne and Franco will pull this heist off.

@snarky: I think that’s what finally tipped the scales for me.

10. aliciamaud permalink
    December 10, 2010 11:19 am

That’s the source of my uneven response to him: if he’s being strategically wacky, I feel irritated by attempts at manipulation. But if he’s just a huge weirdo, I allow myself to be delighted.

11. December 10, 2010 12:35 pm

@raymondj Thanks for the shout out! You’re doing a good service in updating us with the latest in Franco-ness.

It would be kind of awesome , as hsofia suggested, to come up with a drinking game for when he hosts the Oscars. So much potential to be had!

12. IrishUp permalink
    December 10, 2010 5:30 pm

This is something I love about the Spiderman franchise. Casting The Franco as Willem’s son not only works on a physical basis, but seems like some kind of foreshadowing of his career.

Why do I think that The Franco’s favorite book in 7th grade was The Catcher in the Rye?

13. December 11, 2010 2:16 pm

I’m reminded of the radio slogan of one of our news stations here in NYC, altered to fit:

“The Franco Watch Never Stops!”