IFMiB Commenter of the Week: Aliciamaud

July 4, 2010

Aliciamaud is a longtime commenter, who provides solid entertainment for the IFMiB community. One of the things I enjoy about AM’s comments is how much vivid detail is often provided. It always takes me back to specific pop culture moments I recall from my childhood. Anyway, IFMiB ADORES your contributions. Congrats, Aliciamaud!!!

• Silverado is a favorite in our family…my little nephew’s name is Paden.

The movie-cowboy-names is a growing family tradition…his dad (my bro) is Zachary, after Zachary Bass…and our dad’s name is Dale…he says it’s not after Dale Evans, but I know Gram too well to believe him…

Anyway, “I think there’s just a coupla guys up there, and this asshole’s one of them.”

• Every spring when my parents would get their tax return we would venture to the (far away) mall for new sneakers and a movie. My brother’s favorite year of this tradition we saw Conan the Barbarian and The Karate Kid back to back, but my favorite year by far was when we saw White Nights. For years I planned to name my first child (or diminutive Russian dancing kitten) Misha, but for some reason that never happened. Thanks for the heads up that this is on Netflix…can’t wait to rewatch.
  • “Hair” and my dad’s unabridged dictionary combined to provide some of my earliest and most memorable sex ed. Used to my mom’s reflexive response of “Look it up” when I asked what a word meant, I took it upon myself to spend a portion of the afternoon with Webster’s and “Sodomy.” QUITE informative for this little self-starter!
  • I read this book [Stranger with My Face] so many times! And for a while feared I would fall asleep the wrong way and astrally project by mistake. This was the first book I remember being completely surprised by a twist at the end, and I wrote one of my first author fan letters after reading it. I still have my old copy, and I’m not even sure it’s readable now. Thanks for reminding me of this!
  1. andersonljb permalink
    July 4, 2010 10:34 am

Welcome, AM to our exclusive ‘commenter of the week’ club. I really enjoy your comments. Please do not wait by the mailbox for your prize, as I did. However, rest assured, you are the envy of your family and friends.
    La Mommie

2. aliciamaud permalink
    July 4, 2010 10:50 am

I blush!!!

Thanks so much, and thanks for the guidance as I enter The Club, La Mommie. I wouldn’t want to get caught using the wrong (IFMi)butter utensils or something equally shameful!

3. July 4, 2010 11:36 am

Welcome to the club!!!

4. July 4, 2010 11:57 am

Congratulations, Aliciamaud! I’ve really enjoyed your comments.

5. July 4, 2010 8:32 pm

Nice going Aliciamaud! We’re pleased to have you reading and crafting these genius comments back! Thanks so much!

6. July 4, 2010 9:30 pm

We really appreciate your contributions! IFMiB needs more commenters like you! So if you know any, please pass along our URL.

7. July 4, 2010 9:31 pm

So if you know any, please pass along our URL.

Are we turning into the Amway of the blogosphere now?

8. July 4, 2010 9:33 pm

Redlami, I think we’re more of a “Save the Blogger” kind of place. We’re got brochures and video of sad bloggers constantly hitting refresh on the comments and stats in hopes of seeing something new there.

July 4, 2010 10:12 pm

Way to go, Aliciamaud! Anyone who gets viscerally frightened by a book is a-okay with me.

10. aliciamaud permalink
    July 5, 2010 6:54 am

I passed along the URL to some friends who will be stopping by…at least a couple of them are serious Pop Culture junkies. And I have my sparkly pens and glue sticks out already this morning to work on my “Save the Blogger: Pyramid Scheme Style!” banner!

11. July 5, 2010 12:44 pm

A telethon is planned for August!

July 5, 2010 1:26 pm

Ooh, I need me some Jerry Lewis, Sharky!

13. aliciamaud permalink
    July 5, 2010 1:58 pm

I will work on my Enthusiastic and Emphatic telethon face, so I can help man the phones!

14. July 5, 2010 3:28 pm

We’ll definitely use you for on camera phone bank coverage.

15. July 5, 2010 7:00 pm

Yeah! Sweet rockin’ aliciamaud! We have the smartest commenters… it’s pretty cool.

16. July 5, 2010 7:03 pm

Yeah! Telethon! I can come on at the 2 am slot and bore people to sleep with my Indie Rock Sexuality essay.

We need an IFMiB Beerbust and Pancake breakfast! More my speed.

17. July 5, 2010 7:45 pm

We need an IFMiB Beerbust and Pancake breakfast! More my speed.

LOL. Seriously. IFMiBfest 2010.

18. July 6, 2010 8:37 am

up top, Aliciamaud! thanks for joining our party.

19. July 7, 2010 8:51 pm