Dial “C” for Cameos

June 24, 2010

I love me a music video cameo. Here are some excellent videos with cameos of beloved actors, performances and whatnot. I don’t count Ringo’s vast appearance in videos as cameos. or Ja Rule. They’d go to the opening of a utility bill.

“Word Up” – Cameo
To this day, I still LOL @ Levar Burton as the “detective” on the trail of funkmaster Larry Blackmon and the crew. Also, that dancing cop, who just can’t resist the funk is HEE LARRY OUS.

“They Don’t Know About Us” – Tracey Ullman
BEST CAMEO EVER.

“When the Going Gets Tough” – Billy Ocean
Michael Douglas has some moves, baby. This is quite possibly my favorite cameo by celebs. Michael, Kathleen and Danny are really good back up singers. I still do their moves when I hear this song. This performance cemented my love for Michael Douglas. I already knew that Kat and Danny were cool, but was still undecided about Douglas.

“Rush Rush” – Paula Abdul
Keanu Reeves gives one of his best cinematic performances in a role requiring his facial expressions to change and he not speak more than two lines. Phenomenal. There’s a debate as to exact who is singing this song, but there’s no debate that Reeves channeled some of his River’s Edge cuteness and is quite dreamy in this video.

“Wild Wild West – Will Smith
Salma! Kool Moe Dee! Stevie Wonder! Oh my. I don’t care what anyone says, this song is amazing and I have a soft spot for the movie. Will Smith always brings me happiness. Here. You can take away my cool points. I don’t need them. I’m dancing! *does the cowgirl*

1. June 24, 2010 2:28 pm

One of my favorites is Cyndi Lauper’s “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun”

with wrestler Lou Albano playing her dad, and Steve Forbert (a folkie favorite of mine for many years) the boy with the flowers.

2. June 24, 2010 4:12 pm

oh isht, I totally didn’t realize about Levar Burton cameo in Word Up!! sometimes i think maybe i’d only be famous if i could have his career.

remember when Will & Co. performed this live on stage at the MTV awards and at the end everyone forgot Stevie and walked off stage without him? awkward.

3. June 24, 2010 4:15 pm

also, I LOVED this video because of Lesley Ann Warren!

4. June 24, 2010 5:09 pm

Damn, y’all why didn’t you tell me there was tag fail. Nobody even needs Rush Rush once, much less twice! Anyhoo.

Snap, I remember that. There were like three hundred people on stage. Back when that sort of thing was the rage. now it’s the kind of behavior that screams, “Gold Toilet Seats” and bankruptcy.

5. June 25, 2010 2:31 am

I love the HELL out of that Tracey Ullman song and video!

6. badhedgehog permalink
    June 25, 2010 9:48 am

I dunno if John Malkovich and Hugh Laurie have small enough parts in the video to Annie Lennox’s Walking on Broken Glass to count as cameos. Hugh Laurie does several of his best Hugh Laurie faces (and for me, Hugh Laurie in powderface and wig references Blackadder The Third even more strongly than John Malkovich in 18th century getup references Dangerous Liaisons).

Annie Lennox – Walking On Broken Glass (Official Music Video) – Watch more top selected videos about: Annie_Lennox