1. June 17, 2010 10:54 am

damn, you beat me to “Being With You”. not surprised.

there are so many George Benson choice cuts! this one sounds good today:

I heard this at the eye doctor just yesterday:

2. June 17, 2010 10:56 am

sorry this comment is late, it was caught up in the rapture of love.

3. June 17, 2010 11:43 am

I’ve never heard of this genre before. I can think of a bunch of artists I like that might fit (for example, Natalie Merchant) but not sure if they actually made any of those playlists.

If I’m off-base here, my apologies.

4. June 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Oh man, “Being With You” is my fave for sure. And you all already know of my love for Sade. There’s a song in my head, but it’s an instrumental, and I can’t remember the title right now. When I lived in Oakland, I used to do my laundry at “Da House O Suds” which was always on the Quiet Storm. Great for adding fabric softener and sitting around sketching while my panties tumble dry.

5. June 17, 2010 3:24 pm

Poplife – here’s some tumbling panty music. A big hit for Quiet Storm.

Raymond – Some Anita!

A little Piano in the Dark

6. June 17, 2010 4:20 pm

I love, love, love, “By Your Side” so much. Top 25 songs of all time for this Spoon.

In related news: I still adore this video of Zach Galifinakas lipsynching to “You Bring Me Joy”.

7. June 17, 2010 5:02 pm

Wait, is this the cat from Bored to Death? LOLOLOL! *crying* The beard sells it. Amazing.

8. June 17, 2010 6:28 pm

I LOVE that video — it was the first time I ever saw Zack Galifianakis, and even though I don’t love everything he does, I think he could always get into my pants because of that video.

9. June 17, 2010 6:36 pm

And I might have to take up Team Debarge, because I plan to rock the isht out of that song the next time I go to karaoke.

10. June 17, 2010 7:14 pm

That Zach video is so reverent and earnest. It’s hilarious. Play on, playa!

11. June 17, 2010 7:15 pm

I want him to do Superwoman by Karyn White!

12. June 17, 2010 11:46 pm

How awesome is it that it’s in a crappy sports bar?
    *dies*

13. June 18, 2010 6:53 am

He looks like Cartoon Lumberjack Professor! He needs some sweaters.

14. June 20, 2010 1:55 am

In New York, the Quiet Storm was handled by Frankie Crocker who got his 14 minutes of fame from hosting NBC’s Friday Night Videos, just as they were phasing out videos from the program (!) and another few seconds of it from saying the phrase “…And now it’s time for a breakdown!” on EnVogue’s “My Love (You’re Never Gonna Get It).” But there was a particular song he would use that I don’t think I ever heard anyone else play. This is it: