1. June 14, 2010 9:27 pm

That quote about Jaws:The Revenge made me spit water across the room.

For some reason, I enjoy seeing that Michael Caine seems to be a fan of run-on sentences. It makes reading his stuff feel like you’re listening to him talk, and I’m a fan of that.

I’ve always loved Michael Caine. I think he’s dreamy.

2. June 15, 2010 7:29 am

He’s my favorite cheeky bastard. I was amazed at the number of books about — and especially, by — Michael Caine. I just put his first autobiography (1992) on hold at my library.

3. raymondj permalink*
    June 15, 2010 9:07 am

Stephen Fry is ok in longer form, being his long-talking self talking to a camera or prattling on in a book. When he tries to be pithy, it doesn’t work, and reading this I realize, omg, in those failed bon mots, I see the attempt to channel Sir Michael Caine.

God, I wish he would let me call him “Sir” in bed.

4. June 15, 2010 9:19 am

I am really gonna need to get that “Chill” album.

5. raymondj permalink*
    June 15, 2010 9:20 am

I know, right? It can’t be worse than the album the librarian from Buffy made.

6. June 15, 2010 11:40 am

Also: Madness recorded a song called “Michael Caine” featuring vocal samples from SIR MICHAEL CAINE HIMSELF!!!!

Ok, well, it’s just the same line spoken over and over, but still…he specifically recorded it for the band! Whee!

Also: Music for Elevators was…hmm.

7. June 15, 2010 9:06 pm

I know, right? It can’t be worse than the album the librarian from Buffy made.

Or this techno masterpiece by Traci Lords.

Trackbacks